For many women, cellulite is the dread of the summer. When it is time to don the swimsuit and bare our legs in shorter summer clothing, cellulite can make you feel self-conscious and miserable. If you suffer from cellulite, you are not alone. It is estimated that 80% of women have trouble with cellulite, but don’t worry, there are ways that you can beat the bumpy orange-peel texture and have the confidence to show your legs and bum off.
Cellulite is caused by uneven fat pockets that protrude through collagen fibres. Cellulite does not mean you are fat. Unfortunately, cellulite appears due to the structure of fat cells and collagen fibres. The fact that women have thinner skin, so it is much more visible when fat cells push through. To combat cellulite, throw away your expensive lotions and potions, exercise is the best way to beat cellulite.
The Best Cellulite Busting Exercises
The best exercises that combat cellulite are ones the burn fat and strengthen muscle fibres to give your legs and bum a smooth, toned appearance. Here are some of the most effective exercises that you can do at home, no gym or equipment required.
Back and Forth Lunges
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, with a straight back.
- With your left foot, stride forward and lower until your right knee is almost on the floor and your left knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Push your left foot into the ground to get back to standing position.
- With your left foot again take a big step back, so your left knee is almost touching the floor, and your right knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- Repeat the four steps with the other foot to complete a set. Complete 15 sets.
- Stand with your feet about a metre apart, with your toes pointed out.
- Squat down with a straight back ensuring your knees don’t go over your toes.
- Keep your thighs parallel to the floor and if you are comfortable raise alternate heels, five times on each foot
- Return to standing and repeat 15 times.
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, with a straight back. Clasp your hands together or hold a weight in front of your chest.
- Take your left leg behind you, and to the right-hand side, so your thighs cross
- Bend both needs like a curtsy, make sure your right knee is in line with your right ankle and not bent over it.
- Return to standing and repeat with the other leg to complete a set. Complete 12 sets.
If you want to improve your cellulite and self-esteem, but need more motivation, then why not consider personal training? With a personal trainer, you can realise your potential and have the determination to succeed with encouragement and expertise. If you want to boost your fitness and confidence and are in the Bromley area, then get in touch by emailing Hannah at email@example.com.